Omega 3 Rich Antarctic Krill Oil
Aging, Heart Disease, and Inflammation
Aging comes with experience, self-acceptance, and self-realization. That said, aging can also increase the risk of many health problems, most notably, heart disease and increased inflammation.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. It kills about 630,000 Americans each year. (1) Each minute, more than one person in the US dies from a heart disease-related condition.
Chronic inflammation is a major cause of heart disease, and other major health problems in the aging population.
Chronic inflammation has been linked to diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer. Aging, smoking, hormonal imbalance, poor nutrition, and increased stress levels ALL can promote inflammation. (2)
In addition, one of the most common results of increased inflammation is joint pain. Joint pain affects more than one-third of adults aged 45 to 64 years. (3)
How Krill Oil Helps Improve Heart Health and Inflammation in Adults
Krill oil contains powerful antioxidants known as omega-3 fats. Two most well-known omega-3 fats are EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
Moreover, it is also rich in astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is a pink-orange pigment that contributes to anti-inflammatory activities of krill oil.
People who take krill oil regularly have significantly reduced levels of an inflammatory substance known as C-reactive protein (CRP). (4)
Moreover, adults with mild knee pain achieve substantial pain relief by taking krill oil 2 g per day for one month. (5)
In adults with type 2 diabetes, taking 1000 mg krill oil for 17 weeks has been shown to boost the levels of “good” cholesterol. (6)
Take one serving (2 softgels) daily with a glass of water. For better results, take 20-30 min before a meal. You may take two servings per day depending on your response.
One serving provides 1000 mg trademarked SuperbaBoost™ krill oil, 150 mg EPA, and 70 mg DHA.
The amounts of EPA and DHA in two servings are safe for daily consumption. (7)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Heart Disease Fact Sheet.
- Source of Chronic Inflammation in Aging
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Joint Pain and Arthritis.
- Lipid-lowering and anti-inflammatory effects of omega 3 ethyl esters and krill oil: a randomized, cross-over, clinical trial.
- Krill Oil Improves Mild Knee Joint Pain: A Randomized Control Trial.
- Effects of krill oil on endothelial function and other cardiovascular risk factors in participants with type 2 diabetes, a randomized controlled trial
- Fish consumption, fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids, and cardiovascular disease.